Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Happy New Year!!!


We had a nice evening with people at church on New Years Eve, with a meal, sharing time, dessert and games. Carissa and Abigail played piano pieces which we refer to as their winter recital. There was a fun group game of Pictionary and then a ROUSING game of Dutch Blitz. Due to being so wound up from Dutch Blitz, Tom and I actually stayed up until midnight!

New Years Day was truly beautiful. We had one of those snows with big flakes that stick to the trees. But the roads were clear and the family was able to get to Panera Bread and enjoy soup and sandwiches thanks to a gift card from a friend. Oh, and a trip to Michaels gave us an opportunity to pick up $1 scrapbooking clearance items. (Have I mentioned that the scrapbooking obsession continues?)

Later that evening after the family spent time in God's Word and in prayer, I was reminded of the verse in Jeremiah 29:11, "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." This is the verse I will claim for the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment