Saturday, January 26, 2008

Show and Tell Friday


It's Show and Tell Friday at Kelli's blog. (even though I am posting on Saturday) This week I am showing my favorite picture/ painting. It is called "The Breaking of the Dawn." It is very serene painting of a farmer coming through the gate to feed the sheep on a snowy morning. It hangs in various locations in my home.

But here's the catch- the painting isn't mine. I check it out of my library every winter, keep it for 3 months, and take it back. If your library decorates its walls with various pieces of artwork, there is a good chance you can take any of them home for a specified number of months.
I have thought about buying this print a number of times but I can't find a frame and mat that I like better than this one from the library. It is fun to search around antique stores and ebay for a similar copy.

4 comments:

  1. Lovely painting. That is so interesting that you can check them out of the library. I never heard of that. Thanks for sharing.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely idea. I had no idea a person could check out a painting. I will see if my library does that. I love that painting. It is so peaceful. Thank you for sharing. ~ Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is such a beautiful picture and it is amazing that you can check it out from the library! What a clever idea! I will have to see if our library does that!

    :0) Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a nice painting.
    For some years I would check out framed reproductions from the townlibrary for various rooms of my apartment. It's funny, but I would get compliments on my nice art work. Most people do not notice that the library has a section with stacked pictures ready for you to take home just as you would a book.

    ReplyDelete