Friday, October 19, 2007

Show and Tell Friday



It's Show and Tell Friday at Kelli's blog.



My show and tell is my special occasion silverware. Some friends bought 8 place settings at an auction and when they got home they realized it was monogrammed with a "P". They graciously gave it to us. But, we rarely used our "company" silverware because, with a family of 6, you usually don't invite just two more people over for dinner.



Then, one evening at the dinner table, one of the girls suggested we check ebay. There it was! It was reasonably priced and I had Christmas money burning in my pocket. It came with 8 more place settings, more serving pieces, and to our delight, little tiny tea spoons for tea parties. It is not monogrammed but we're not that particular.

The paperwork says it's from Oneida Silversmiths and was manufactured in 1948.



So there's my show and tell for the week!

8 comments:

  1. How neat! Glad you found the rest of your set.

    Have a great day
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful that they were given to you and then that you could match them!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love that you were able to add to the set and use it! Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I LOVE silver things. That was very nice of your friends to give you the place setting. And then to find the same pattern on ebay is amazing!
    Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed reading about that. :)

    And thank you for visiting my blog. I enjoyed your comment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How wonderful that you were able to find more silverware place settings...my set is from Oneida also and they certainly have an excellent workmanship!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is so neat that you were able to find matches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy :) I enjoyed your story! It's so neat to find treasures where you least expect them - so sweet of your friends to give these to you. Have a blessed wknd, Q

    ReplyDelete