Friday, October 5, 2007

Show and Tell Friday- Recipe Books


It's Show and Tell Friday at Kelly's Blog.

This Friday I would like to show you the recipe books that my daughters made at our mother/daughter Bible study. We used 9''x7'' white notebooks with clear plastic sleeves on the front. Everyone practiced their scrapbooking skills to decorate the front covers and made recipe dividers. Clear plastic inserts (not easy to find) held the recipes. The ladies in our Bible study exchange recipes from time to time.

For Christmas of 2005, I sent letters to family members asking them to send me favorite family recipes in their own handwritting. The response was an overwhelming success! Some recipes came with explanations as to why it was a favorite. It made for a very special Christmas gift.

Suggestion: If you decide to do this for your children, make sure to make a copy of the recipes for yourself. I am always asking someone to bring me their book.

Brag Warning: Lydia's book won a blue ribbon at the New York State Fair!


12 comments:

  1. Very sweet idea and something to treasure. She deserves bragging on!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful idea! Thanks for sharing it with us you daughter did a great job! Brag away ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea :)
    My oldest granddaughter is just starting to enjoy cooking. Something like this would be a lovely gift for her!
    Your music here is just beautiful..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use large photo albums to organize my recipes--plus I have started a recipe blog that I can refer to now too. But what you did was a neat idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a brilliant idea!! My oldest son just recently got married and I would love to do this for my new daughter in law! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful idea and the cookbooks are beautiful!!!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is a great idea! I love it. And the books look great too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the books look amazing...way to go lydia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a neat project, and how special to have the family recipes in one collection!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The books are a great idea! The girls will enjoy adding to them and will have them forever. Family heirlooms in the making!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How wonderful is that! What a great idea and one that is so useful and full of love.

    thanks for sharing...

    Kimmie
    mama to 6
    one homemade and 5 adopted

    ReplyDelete