Monday, August 27, 2007

Our Netflix Experience


I am a member of a great group of bloggers called the Frual Blogroll. (The list is located of the right of the screen) These bloggers encourage me in the pursuit of living on one income in a two income world. I have learned many tips and hints reading from their insightful writing. I am going to make a conscious effort to submit tips that our family practices in order to be worthy of this noble group. :)

A new service our family has tried out is Netflix. We choose our movies online and have a running list of what we would like to have sent next. It is delivered by mail, we watch the movie whenever we choose and then send it back in the postage paid envelope. It is so easy and very fast. We send it out one day, they receive it the next day and we have another movie on the third day. New releases may have a waiting list and could take a longer

We live in a town with 1 movie rental store. It has mostly new releases and the older movies are very limited. Plus, I hate going into movie stores! I do order from our library system but that is also limited. We have not been disappointed in the selection from Netflix. If you live in a rual area, you will love this service!

We have the extremely basic cable, and Netflix provides a great selection of movies from the History Channel and Discovery. We are currently waiting on a number of the IMAX films. (Minus the big screen.) We have watched a few old comedies like, You Can't Take It With You and some comedies my husband and I remember from our childhood that the children had not seen. We actually started this membership because I could not get the movie Miss Potter locally. That particular movie had a waiting list and it did not come immediately.

All in all, it has been a good experience. Watch your trial membership though- it runs out quickly and you're an automatic member before you know it. We have the membership that allows us two movies at a time with an unlimited number of movies per month.

So there it is. Happy viewing.

2 comments:

  1. FYI---we've done netflix before and loved it. I quit when it got to be too expensive for my taste. A few months later they emailed me and gave me another free trial! :)

    So if you sign up for a few months, take a few months off, etc you just might get lucky (or blessed, however you see it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think we're going to try again too!

    ReplyDelete