Friday, December 7, 2007

Show and Tell Friday

It's Show and Tell Friday at Kelli's blog.

My show and tell is a new magnet I got at Niagara Falls.

We started collecting magnets, as small momentos of vacations, a number of years ago. The children enjoy picking out the magnet that best characterizes our time away. This magnet, although slightly "tacky," shows a picture of our hotel that was overlooking the falls.

We do not put them on the refrigerator but on a magnetic board that hangs in the kitchen. For us, this has been a frugal and uncluttering way to remember our special times as a family.

Here is a picture of our collection thus far:




9 comments:

  1. What a wonderful way to memoralize your vacations together. This is a great collection.

    Keeping Noah in my prayers.
    Blessings,
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. We also buy magnets to remember holidays (but use them on the fridge) -- the tackier the better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like your magnents. How neat to have memories of family fun times.

    Thanks for sharing,
    ~Jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming by my blog today. I love your magnet idea. We usually get Christmas ornaments when we go somewhere. Both ideas are frugal and fun. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your magnet collection. I see you have been to chocolate world! My favorite place. No matter how old my boys get I always take them to chocolate world when we visit back home.
    I also like your post about changing the light bulb. Funny!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a wonderful collection of magnets from your holidays! I love Niagara Falls and go 5 to 6 times a year...I live 6 hours from it and have a son that lives only a few minutes away from there:-) xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow , now that is some wonderful collection. blessings.

    Mica

    ReplyDelete