Sunday, May 13, 2007

A Wonderful New Obsession


I have been spending time at websites that display pictures like this. Why? Because of my new interest in sewing, sewing notions, vintage material and the organization of this new-found interest. I blame this recent obsession on several people:
~ My daughter Caroline, who counts away the minutes of school until she can be free to do one of her many ongoing projects, including, but not limited to, sewing.
~ My sister Sherry, who counts away the minutes of school (she teaches) until summer comes and she can begin one of the sewing projects she has been dreaming about all year.
~My sister-in-law Lisa, who dreams of free time from work and motherhood to take sewing classes.
~My friend Linda, who is also our 4-H leader, who took on the head banging project of teaching us all how to read a pattern. This gave me just enough confidence to try a few things on my own. ~My aunt Mary Carolyn, who gave me a quilt that my great-grandmother made. This quilt needs some repair work, which I plan to attempt with a litte help from my friends. This quilt makes me so happy when I look at it. It gives me that warm feeling every quilt maker hopes their creation will inspire. So, I have decided that if I have a great-granddaughter some day, who will find this much delight in looking at a quilt I made, I've got to get moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment