Wednesday, November 26, 2008

What I'm Thankful For

My first thought was that I am thankful that I am not hosting Thanksgiving dinner after being sick for several days. But here is the real list that I was inspired to write after reading
Hannah's blog:~living in a land of plenty
~ living in a land where even those who do not claim to love God still have the common grace to do good for others (like food pantries and soup kitchens)
~ my Rubies in the Rough and watching them grow in wisdom and knowlege
~ my parents in NC are having a house full of people with whom they will enjoy the day
~my Uncle Charlie is spending Thanksgiving at my parents house because God saw fit to heal his body
~a loving husband who cares to meet my needs physically, emotionally and spirtually
~sweet suprises (this is from a book that I used to read to my little girls about doing something sweet for someone who's not expecting it)
~Carissa's homeschool graduation and spending the day being enveloped with the joy of choosing the homeschool path
~watching my 9 year old choose to read
~friends who inspire me to do right
~Elizabeth Elliot, Martha Peace, and Edith Schaffer who have written books that inspire me to do right
I need to stop.... thank you for reading

1 comment:

  1. This is a lovely list! I like your new layout as well, I love Autumn and Autumn colors. Very pretty! I hope you had a nice Thanksgiving!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete