Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I Need a New......

My parents bought us our first microwave oven on our first Christmas together. If lasted 22 years!!!! It was a sad day when we put that microwave on the curb. It had been moved to six different homes. It saw the invention of microwave popcorn. I even stored my Pampered Chef stoneware on top of it. (Don't do this, it is not supposed to be good for your microwave)

But, it eventually died and we bought a new one with Christmas money two years ago. How long did it last? Not quite 2 years!!!!! I did not feel that we should go out right away and buy a new one. I just didn't feel right about it. Well, I feel right about it now. I have to remember to put out the frozen meat the night before. And, for a family that eats all leftovers, this has been an adjustment.

So, any advice on buying a new microwave oven for the family on a budget? I have tried Craig's List and E-bay unsuccessfully. I'm sure the perfect microwave is out there waiting for a family that has 4 boxes of popcorn ready to be eaten.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cindy,
    You don't know me, but I've been following your blog for awhile now.

    I have something I'd like to share with you (I'm not selling anything), and I was wondering if you could contact me offlist. My email address is KAlexaLott@gmail.com

    Thanks so much!
    Kim Lottman
    Graceful Girlhood
    http://www.gracefulgirlhood.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete