Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Goodbye February!!!

Blogging entries have been few lately because, in the words of Thumper's wise mother, "If you don't have nothin' nice to say, don't say nothin' at all." February was not a healthy month, full of doctor's appointments, medical proceedures, a trial with my husband's ongoing physical affliction, the flu, physical trials of our extended family, as well as the physical burdens of close friends. I HATE WHINING but this has been a difficult month. I can now step back and take a more objective look at the circumstances of February and thank God for His goodness.

Our mother/daughter Bible study group has been studying Growing in Wisdom and Faith by Elizabeth George. This study in the book of James has been a blessed help as we read and discuss how God intends for us to view our trials. Here is a poem quoted on page 35 of the book:

Paradoxes of Prayer

Author Unknown

I asked god for strength, that I might achieve.

I was made weak, that I might learn humbly to obey......

I asked for health, that I might do greater things.

I was given infirmity, that I might do better things.....

I asked for riches, that I might be happy.

I was given poverty that I might be wise......

I asked for power, that I might have the praise of men.

I was given weakness, that I might feel the need of God.....

I asked for all things, that I might enjoy life.

I was given life, that I might enjoy all things......

I got nothing that I asked for-

but everything I had hoped for.

Almost despite myself, my unspoken prayers were answered-

I am among all, most richly blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment