Sunday, November 25, 2007

Plans Change- Black Friday Update

After mapping out our Black Friday strategy, we realized we didn't need to go too far from home in the morning. We could do the shopping that was further away at a more reasonable time in the evening or even the next day. Then the plans had to change. I (the efficient, organized, planning mother) left my purse at my in laws house the night of Thanksgiving. I had no drivers licence, no money, no checkbook and no ATM card. This was OK except for the one doorbuster item I wanted to get my hero for Christmas. So how did we work it out? Hero drove Caroline and me to Walmart around 6:30am (not too bad), he ended up loading his present into the van and then he carried it to the cellar to hide it from himself!

1 comment:

  1. Well, I used to fight the crowds, but now I get almost everything by internet--seems so much more peaceful and simple. Niagra is very beautiful and I , like you, do not enjoy crowds of people. We stayed at a little quiet hotel and avoided all of the crowded ones when we went a few years back. It is funny--we live about 20 minutes from the beach, but we only go every few years because we do not like crowds....we usually head for the mountains when we want to get away. We do go to Charleston, but that is a different kind of crowd . I love a slower way of life, and a more simple way--but it is hard to find the balance. Guess the important thing is to be doing what God calls us to do; sometimes it is not a slow way....but I guess our attitudes can make it a simpler life...the attitude of trusting him, listening to him and doing what he tells us. (Hmmm, I am rambling--just kind of thinking outloud--have a nice week ;-)

    ReplyDelete