Thursday, November 22, 2007

Our Thanksgiving



Abigail and I have enjoyed studying the Pilgrims this past month. We have been reading Stories of the Pilgrims by Margaret Pumphrey, among other things. It has renewed our appreciation, once again, for the sacrifice and dedication of these godly people.


We have also enjoyed reading about Sarah Hale. We discovered her through a book called, The Woman Who Saved Thanksgiving. Further investigation into the life of Sarah has given us new appreciation for the "power of the pen."


Thanksgiving remains a pure holiday for me. The only expectations are in sharing a meal with friends and family and recalling those things for which we are thankful. Who can oppose that kind of a holiday.
Happy Thanksgiving

Note:
We will also "celebrate" Black Friday! My husband is on his way out the door right now to get me a newspaper with all of the store adds and coupons. My teenage daughters and I will be mapping out our Friday morning. We will be out very early armed with our 60% off coupons from Michaels, AC Moore, and JoAnne Fabrics. We will not be at the mall, but we be at smaller stores like Bed Bath and Beyond and Linen and Things. My second generation thrifters enjoy this traditional morning out with mom. I am not sure if I would be out at the early hours of the morning if I did not have teenage daughters getting me out of bed! We will be home by 9:00am, ready to spend the rest of the day with little sister and hubby.


No comments:

Post a Comment