Thursday, May 19, 2011

To Blog or Not to Blog

August of 2009....
Really!  That was the last time I blogged?
Blogging began as a way to keep family and friends updated on my family's life.  When my grandmother was alive, it gave me great pleasure to know she was regularly reading my posts.  Then blogging became a creative outlet.  Then bloggiing became a form of networking with fellow bloggers of like passions and interests.

Then it became a chore.  Then it became a obligation.   Then it became one more thing to fit into the schedule.

Why?  Change was on the horizon.  It wasn't something our family was planning.  It wasn't something for which we hoped.  It was part of a new journey for which God had been preparing the way.

A new church.  A new fellowship of believers.  A new town for ministry.  And this all led to a new home.

The past year and a half has been a joyous, scary, grace-filled time for our family.

It's time for me to remember those reasons I started blogging in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment