Saturday, December 6, 2008

Nutcracker Ballet

It's that time of the year. The official kick-off of the holiday season is the attendance of The Nutcracker Ballet. We were trying to recall how many years we've been attending and we think its been 12 years! Everyone has their favorite part but for me it's just sitting, enjoying the music, and soaking in the aura of our beautiful theater. The Stanley Theater was closed last year (we didn't see the ballet in 2007) as they enlarged the stage and put in a new chandelier. This was a very big deal in small town USA where a thriving economy is not one of our bragging points even when we're not in a recession.

My camera does not take very good pictures in low light, but here are a few shots I was able to get:

We had the privilege of taking some of Abby's friends with us this year. After the ballet we all came home for a tea party lunch. A very girlie day!






2 comments:

  1. My husband and I were just talking about the Stanley theatre yesterday! I had taken my older kids to see the Nutcracker when we lived in that area many years ago.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely theater you have! And, what a wonderful girls' day you must have had.

    ReplyDelete