Wednesday, August 20, 2008

The Graduation Party

The graduation party was last Saturday. Here are some random pictures showing why I haven't blogged in over a week!

Preparing the tables


We were a bit concerned about the weather. But the fog did burn off, the sun came out, and we had the occasional rain shower just to add some excitement.

The cake table with memorabilia showing the true Carissa. There was also a computer set up with a PowerPoint presentation of pictures. This was referred to as the "crying corner."
The food: a pasta bar, rolls, salads, hot dips with chips and crackers, fruit salad, and a Greek/Lebanese selection of humus, tabouli, stuffed grape leaves and flat bread. Did I do this all myself? No way! Friends volunteered to bring in various dishes, my mother-in-law made the fabulous fruit salad, and my sister-in-law went way above the call of duty :)

Playing "The Blob."


I couldn't have done it without this woman- my wonderful sister-in-law.

Carissa cutting the cake.

It was a wonderful day of memories as we honored our graduate.

More pictures can be seen (from a different perspective) at Rubies in the Rough.

No comments:

Post a Comment