Thursday, September 6, 2007

Why I Love Homeschooling- Reason #1


Psalm 116:15
Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of His saints.
Today we were privileged to be a part of a funeral that was a celebration of the homegoing of one of God's saints. A dear man in our church has been an example of a faithful servant who has fought the good fight, kept the faith, and has now entered into the joy of his Lord.
Because of homeschooling, my children were able to spend time helping get the church ready for the funeral. They were able to help prepare and serve the meal that was provided for people after the funeral. And, they were able to be a part of the blessed church service that gave God the glory for His work in saving sinners.
I love homeschooling. We were able to put aside books and studies and spend the day together joyously celebrating the life and death of a child of God.

1 comment:

  1. I found this to be a very thought-provoking post, and agree with you that everyday lessons can be among the most important. In Australia homeschooling is very unusual, and so is something I haven't really contemplated for Boo. When I was 8 my family spent a year travelling around the country, and did school by correspondence -- we were both way ahead of our peers in terms of coursework when we returned. I do wonder sometimes whether it was a good idea for me socially -- I was always shy of new situations, and a year away from school meant I didn't have to face many new peers. Interesting discussion!

    ReplyDelete