Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Homeschooling and Rabbit Trails


"Rabbit trails" are the spice of life for me when comes to homeschooling. It takes us places we had never planned to study or visit. Today was such a day when Abby read a story in her vocabulary book about the yearly balloon festival in Albuquerque, New Mexico...... and there we went, off to New Mexico via the internet. I've been homeschooling for over 13 years and I've gone down many a rabbit trail, but I don't remember now I did it without wireless internet connection and my laptop. I think we were at the library every other day.

1 comment:

  1. Dear Cindy,
    We used to live in Albuquerque before moving to NJ and we really greatly enjoyed the balloon festival for the five autumns that we lived there! My homeschooling sister and her family of six kids are driving to Albuquerque on Wednesday to see the balloon festival up close and personal! What a great idea you've offered to see the balloon festival via the internet. I think I will do that very thing with my kids!

    I continue to really enjoy your website and that of your girls. I come to visit on Saturday nights =)
    Karen Carlson

    ReplyDelete