Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Searching for a Reason to Blog


My grandmother checked my blog regularly- that is, my aunt checked my blog and gave the information to my grandmother. Being aware of the fact that my grandmother wanted to know what was going on in my life, kept me posting those seemingly insignificant happenings of my household. One of the tenants of grand parenting is that no information about a grandchild is too mundane. Every aspect of my life, from the books I read, to the poetry I liked, to the field trip our family took, was of interest.

Now I'm back home, resuming those seemingly insignificant happenings that my grandmother enjoyed sharing from afar. The loss of my grandmother has resulted in a sad void. I am hoping to find a reason to blog again.


2 Corinthians 4:16-18
For which cause we faint not; but though our outward man perish, yet the inward man is renewed day by day.
For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;
While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry about your grandmother. Losing a beloved grandparent who was interested in even the most mundane things, does leave a sad void.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cindy,
    I am so sorry for the pain of your Grandmother's passing. While I cannot expect you to blog soley for me, the words you write and the photos of your family happenings are such an encouragement to young wives like me.
    I really appreciate you!
    Blessings,
    Hannah

    ReplyDelete