Thursday, May 22, 2008

I enjoying blogging for different reasons. Sometimes I am wanting to read about what other homeschool moms are doing. Sometimes I am looking for decorating, meal or fugal living ideas. Sometimes I need spiritual guidance and inspiration. And then sometimes I just want to see lovely, calming pictures.

Some blogs inspire me, as Edith Schaeffer puts it, to "Find hidden art in the 'minor' areas of life." Here are a few examples:

Meridith at Like Merchant Ships gives wonderful homemaking and frugal living tips. She can make a P/J sandwich look like a gourmet dish!

Hannah at Cultivating Home is a friend who actually started me in the direction of blogging. Her photography skills can make an old tin can on the side of the road look like a piece of art. She helped two of my own daughters with photography lessons too. With pictures of a new baby and updates on her other four cutie children (that my Abigail loves to play with), who could not resist visiting there from time to time.

Kelli at There's No Place Like Home sponsors "Show and Tell Friday." Although I have not participated in the fun for several months , I enjoy spending time at her blog

Janel at Pearls is a fellow Frugal Hack who also loves quotes from C.S. Lewis.

The Nester at The Nesting Place is a mom with 3 boys who makes things in her house so lovely.

I'll continue listing favorites since a number of people have contacted me asking what blogs I frequent. Happy blogging.

1 comment:

  1. She likes me, she really likes me!

    Thank you for including me on your list with such fine women!

    ReplyDelete