Sunday, April 27, 2008

Pure Gold

Make new friends,
but keep the old.
One is silver,
and the other gold

My daughters and I had the privilege this weekend to attend a ladies' retreat at our old church in New Jersey. For me, it is like going back to home base. It was two days of friends, fellowship and the faithful preaching of God's Word.

Our friend, Pastor Brackett, spoke on "A Mother In Israel," taken from Judges 5:7, the Song of Deborah. One of the many points: Deborah, an example of gracious femininity. We all went away greatly challenged.
My only regret was that I spent so much time fellowshipping, I forgot to take pictures. Not to mention that my camera was on the wrong setting and the pictures I did take came out blurry. God willing, I can give it another try next year.

No comments:

Post a Comment