Friday, July 13, 2007

Making Changes

Why is there a piece of carpet on the porch roof? Well, I was only going to cut out a little square of my (our) bedroom carpet to see what was under it. My(our) bedroom is the only room that has not been renovated since we moved into the house ten years ago. It is always going to be worked on next year, after we get another van, after we put braces on someones teeth, after we renovate the attic, after we buy school books, etc....






Here is what I found under the carpet- wood floors that have already been sanded and the nasty, dark varnish, that is under almost everything in the house, is gone! The people who owned the house before us must have changed their minds after working on the floor and put down carpet instead.
So, I just kept pulling up and pulling up and now there is no carpet in the room. I just may get a bedroom makeover this summer.


This was not a summer project we were planning to start, but YEAH anyway! By the way, the carpet is not on the porch roof anymore. I only left it there to surprise my husband when he came home from work. Surprise! It was much easier throwing it out the window than dragging it through the house.






2 comments:

  1. I am having a brain block and can't spell today, hence the two deleted comments.
    Love the floor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an incredible surprise!

    It must really feel like summer with clean, bare floors in your bedroom : )

    ReplyDelete