Monday, April 16, 2007

Ode to a Sewing Machine


I am very intimidated by sewing. We have owned this machine for over a year and I have touched it once. Caroline on the other hand has put many miles on the machine. It is a joy to hear it humming away up in the girls "attic suite." I decided last Saturday that it was my day to take the machine out for a drive.

I was at a rummage sale on Thursday and picked up an apron pattern for $0.25. Then a friend gave me a skirt that had lots of fabric to it. It just seemed to say, "recycle me." I spent a very enjoyable Saturday afternoon designing my apron and adding recycled blue jean material to it. I will put a picture of the apron on another post. I am still learning how to post pictures and cannot figure out how to position more than one picture on a page.:)

No comments:

Post a Comment